Fire safety reminder

 

Fire burning by my house.

Fire burning by my house.

This is a picture of a fire that just started about 8 miles from my house.  Everything is so dry and it has grown quickly in the last two hours.

Since I deal with fire on a daily basis (lighting a Skinny Dip Candle), I thought it would be a good time to remind everyone of the fire safety tips with candles.

Candles of any type can be dangerous.  I remember when I was about 7 years old, my mom had 3 candles burning on top of the TV during Christmas time.  One of them tipped over and started the TV on fire!  So….NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.  Keep candles away from flammable objects, children and pets.

According to the National Fire Protection Association – from 2006 to 2010, US Fire departments responded to an estimated 11640 home structure fires caused by candles.  Roughly 35% of fires were started in the bedrooms.  More than half (56%) of fires occurred when some form of combustible material was left or came too close to the candle.

Please be careful while burning a Skinny Dip Candle and always extinguish the flame before using on your skin.

Thank you Fire Fighters for all you do!!!!

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.