Fire safety reminder

 

Fire burning by my house.

Fire burning by my house.

This is a picture of a fire that just started about 8 miles from my house.  Everything is so dry and it has grown quickly in the last two hours.

Since I deal with fire on a daily basis (lighting a Skinny Dip Candle), I thought it would be a good time to remind everyone of the fire safety tips with candles.

Candles of any type can be dangerous.  I remember when I was about 7 years old, my mom had 3 candles burning on top of the TV during Christmas time.  One of them tipped over and started the TV on fire!  So….NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.  Keep candles away from flammable objects, children and pets.

According to the National Fire Protection Association – from 2006 to 2010, US Fire departments responded to an estimated 11640 home structure fires caused by candles.  Roughly 35% of fires were started in the bedrooms.  More than half (56%) of fires occurred when some form of combustible material was left or came too close to the candle.

Please be careful while burning a Skinny Dip Candle and always extinguish the flame before using on your skin.

Thank you Fire Fighters for all you do!!!!

There are no comments yet. Be the first and leave a response!

Leave a Reply

Wanting to leave an <em>phasis on your comment?

Trackback URL http://skinnydipcandle.com/fire-safety-reminder/trackback/